Travel to Lithuania
Lithuania is a beautiful country on the Baltic Sea, covered with dense forests and meandering rivers and lakes, respectful of its traditions, proud of the Lithuanian language, nurturing its UNESCO world heritage sites, and open to innovations. Five more reasons to plan a travel to Lithuania:
- Vilnius Old Town. One of the largest and most beautiful old towns in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Geographical centre of Europe. In 1989, researchers of the French National Geographical Institute found that Europe’s geographical centre was in Lithuania, 26 km westwards from capital Vilnius. The fact of the geographical centre of Europe is registered in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Trakai Castle. Very beautiful and east Europe’s largest caste on an island.
- The Curonian Spit. UNESCO Listed as one of Europe’s most beautiful and unique landscapes.
- Unique traditions and authenticity. In 2003, UNESCO announced the Lithuanian tradition and symbolism the masterpiece of the oral and intangible heritage of humanity.